For most dog lovers, leaving their furry family members alone for an extended period of time is something they’d rather avoid. Dogs of all ages and temperaments can feel stressed, lonely, and bored when they spend too much time alone – and nobody wants that for their beloved best friend.
But whether it’s an upcoming vacation, long days at work, or a move to a new home, there are many reasons that you might have to take time away from your dog. Thankfully, there are different options for making sure that your pet is happy, safe, and well-cared-for in these situations.
Dog boarding and dog daycare are professionally-provided services that can offer invaluable peace of mind for families with dogs.
What is Dog Boarding?
Dog boarding provides extended care for pet owners that are planning a vacation, business trip, or other situation in which they’ll need their dog cared for away from home. In Phoenix, AZ, dog boarding for moving has become increasingly popular, giving canine companions a comfortable place to stay while their owners get settled in their new home.
Think of a dog boarding facility as a professional pet hotel, where your pet will enjoy:
- Climate-controlled indoor and outdoor areas, with private spaces for pets to have alone/rest time
- Community play areas for safe, monitored interactions with fellow dog guests
- Supervision through the day and night hours, ensuring that all of their needs are met
Some boarders, including the Canine Country Club & Feline Inn pet boarding facility in Phoenix, AZ even offer the option to upgrade your pet’s experience with features such as:
- One-on-one playtime and walks with caretakes
- Private windows to enjoy an outdoor view
- Cots for extra comfort
Depending on your needs, you might opt to book dog boarding services for a few days or a few weeks.
One of the most common questions we hear is, “What are kennels?” Dog kennels provide only the most basic care level, separating each pet into a small enclosed area with little to no interaction, play, or stimulation. Thankfully, dog boarding is now a far more easily-available alternative to dog kennels in Phoenix, so you don’t have to settle for anything less than the best for your pet.
What is Dog Daycare?
Dog daycare is just what it sounds like: a daycare for dogs. Perfect for pet owners that are away during the day for work, dog daycare provides daily care that’s typically open from the morning to evening hours.
At a dog daycare, your pet will have:
- Time and space to socialize and play with other dogs, under the watchful eye of staff
- Physical activity and mental stimulation to help avoid boredom, behavioral issues, obesity, and other issues
- Optional grooming services if needed
You’ll also benefit from dog daycare because, at the end of the day, your pet will be happily exhausted and ready for a relaxing evening at home.
Benefits of Dog Daycare and Dog Boarding
While dog boarding and dog daycare are generally designed for different situations, they both offer some important benefits. These benefits not only make them superior to an inexperienced pet sitter (such as a neighbor or friend) but also highlight exactly why they’re the best choice for your dog’s happiness and health:
- Your dog will be cared for by a trained professional, all while they enjoy a pet-friendly environment created specifically for safety and fun.
- High-quality dog daycare and dog boarding facilities like Canine Country Club & Feline Inn feature a myriad of spaces for your pet to enjoy, including indoor and outdoor play areas, rest spaces, and even private “pet suites.”
- The staff that works at reputable dog daycares and boarding facilities have chosen their career path for a reason – they truly love animals! Caring, compassionate, and more than happy to give your pet plenty of TLC, these employees will welcome your dogs with open arms.
- You’ll be able to maintain open communication with facility staff, so you can have peace of mind that all is well while you’re away.
Book Doggy Daycare or Boarding Services at Canine Country Club & Feline Inn
At Canine Country Club & Feline Inn, we provide dog daycare and pet boarding in Phoenix, AZ all under one friendly roof. Since 1953, we’ve been Arizona’s go-to source for Phoenix dog daycare and dog boarding, welcoming countless pets and their owners to join our extended family.
Whether you’re searching for daily dog daycare or dog boarding for an upcoming event, our flexible and affordable services make it easy. For dogs that are planning an extended stay beyond daycare hours, attendants are present 24/7, and our large facility features a variety of suites, indoor/outdoor runs, and other options.
Make reservations for your dog to stay at our dog daycare or dog boarding facility in Phoenix, AZ today!
Featured Image: Shutterstock / Javier Brosch